Summer is here, and barbecue season has begun. Even if you don’t have the dollars to hire caterers with seating, all that really matters when it comes to entertaining your guests is great food and, of course, awesome desserts.
This year, why not try something a little different? Ditch the ice cream sundaes and popsicles and instead try a candy table. Candy tables, sometimes called candy buffets, are an easy, no-fuss way to treat your guests to something unique and sweet.
Here are some excellent summer barbecue candy table ideas everyone will love!
Candy Table Ideas for Your Next Barbecue
The fourth of July is the perfect day for a barbecue. Smack bang in the middle of summer, and most people are not working. You can invite all your relatives and neighbors and truly relish in this all-American day.
You won’t be shocked to discover that we propose a red, white, and blue candy theme!
White Candy Ideas
Red Candy Ideas
Blue Candy Ideas
With the following sweet treats, you can:
- Recreate the American flag
- Organize dedicated color tables
- Decorate everyone’s plate to show off your “proud to be an American” spirit
Designated candy table ideas:
White Table: Place Cookie ‘N Cream Bites in bowls alongside popcorn and snow cones on a white tablecloth – and don’t forget the white bunting! Sprinkle the table with Mermaid Pearls to give it a shimmering appeal.
Red Table: Set Strawberry Wheels in a bowl along with red Jell-O (for the kids), red beer cocktail (for the adults), and a red tablecloth with red bunting. Get red straws for the drinks, red napkins, and red party hats if you really want to go all out!
Blue Table: Berry Blue Sour Laces can be tied together to make nautical rope-shaped treats. Then set out blue lagoon cocktails and bowls full of Blue Razz Sour Belts and Blue Raspberry Puffs. Decorate with blue napkins, drink cups, and tablecloth! And the party hats, don’t forget the party hats!
The 4th of July isn’t the only reason to have a barbecue. It doesn’t matter if you’re hosting a birthday party, graduation party, dinner party, or just a hot Saturday afternoon cookout – candy buffets are the simplest and most delicious candy table idea, and the theme ideas are endless.
Candy buffets are super easy to set up. All you need to do is set out containers of different candies, label them with cards so guests know what they’re getting into, and provide paper cups to fill (and refill!). Just grab a variety of your favorite candies to fit the theme you’re going for. Some great ideas include:
- BBQ Buffet: Grab gummies in the shapes of popular barbecue foods like hamburgers, hot dogs, and watermelon. Candy Club’s Sour Cherry Cola Bottles would be the perfect “refreshment” for this candy table.
- Summer Camp: Want to bring summer camp to your own backyard? Stock up on candies that will remind guests of days swimming in the lake and nights sleeping under the stars, such as gummy bears or Swedish fish. Guests can even enjoy no-fuss, bite-sized “S’mores.”
- Day at the Aquarium: From gummy worms and bears to animal crackers, there’s no shortage of zoo animal candies out there, but why not put a twist on a classic and go to the “aquarium” for your barbecue? This one’s great for birthday parties. Kids will love chewy, gooey, colorful Sour Gummy Octopus candy.
- Beach Day: Who doesn’t love a day by the ocean, lying in the sand and soaking up the sun? Decorate your Beach Day candy buffet table with seashells and sand. Set out ocean-themed candies like Dolphin Buddies and Jelly Sea Turtles and let guests serve them up with paper umbrellas.
- County Fair: Fair foods aren’t too different from barbecue foods, so stock up on carnival-esque candies to have a little backyard “fair” of your own. Let guests snack on cotton candy treats and marvel at the year’s prized pigs.
Give your barbecue a twist of sweetness this summer
Barbecues don’t have to be all meat and buns. With the candy table ideas in this list, you can put a unique twist on a summer staple.
You can easily replace a dessert table with a candy bar by stocking up on some candy cups from Candy Club. Your guests will be impressed by one-of-a-kind offerings they can’t find in their neighborhood supermarket. Browse our store to see which candies are perfect for your barbecue this summer!