The holidays may be over, but you don’t have to wait until Halloween to celebrate all things sweet again. Did you know National Candy Day is a thing? And there are other candy-themed holidays, too! Grab a Sharpie, because you’ll want to mark your calendar with these candy-themed national food holidays ASAP!
Nine Candy-Themed National Food Holidays
April 22: National Jelly Bean Day
Did Ronald Reagan have something to do with this? Prep for this day by collecting Jelly Beans in your favorite colors and flavors, throwing them into some baked goods like cookies and cakes, or reading up on the history of these sweet beans.
May 23: National Taffy Day
A much appreciated day for an old-fashioned treat. Though taffy is usually made in factories with special machines that pull and pull on the sugar, you can also try your hand at making your own on National Taffy Day.
July 20: National Lollipop Day
If you’ve been planning to try the old Tootsie Pop test, now’s the time. You could also use National Lollipop Day to stock up on this classic candy on a stick, or even throw a candy-themed party with giant lollipops as decorations (or party favors!).
October 12: National M&M Day
Who could complain? On National M&M Day, take the opportunity to explore all the different varieties of this beloved American treat.
November 4: National Candy Day
One holiday to rule them all. This National Candy Day, play some candy-themed games, do a candy science experiment with your kids or in the classroom (heads up, teachers!), make your own candy, or treat yourself or a friend to a Candy Club Candy Cup!
December 7: National Cotton Candy Day
Cotton Candy might remind you more of summer county fairs than cozy winter days, but hey, we’re not complaining about this sweet day! Celebrate by making your own homemade cotton candy or, for a grownup twist, a Cotton Candy Martini.
December 19: National Hard Candy Day
Early Christmas present, anyone? From Jolly Ranchers to peppermints, National Hard Candy Day is definitely something to celebrate.
December 26: National Candy Cane Day
This one doesn’t need much explanation. Celebrate National Candy Cane day by making homemade candy canes, creating candy cane crafts, baking with crushed candy canes, or just, ya know, enjoying as many of these funny peppermint-flavored treats as you can stomach.
December 28: National Chocolate Candy Day
Rejoice, chocolate lovers! If you got lots of chocolate for Christmas, we won’t judge if you choose this day to gorge on all of it. If it lasts that long, of course…
Other Sweets-Themed National Food Holidays
Candy days not enough for you? Don’t worry – satisfy your sweet tooth on any or all of the following national food holidays dedicated to sweet treats!
- January 5: National Whipped Cream Day – Put it on everything!
- January 22: National Blonde Brownie Day – What, no regular brownie day?
- January 23: National Pie Day – Not to be confused with Pi Day (March 14), on which it is also perfectly acceptable – i.e., encouraged – to eat pie.
- January 24: National Peanut Butter Day – OK, maybe this isn’t a strictly sweets-themed day, but it is a great day to eat all the peanut butter cups.
- January 27: National Chocolate Cake Day – Shouldn’t be a problem.
- January 31: National Hot Chocolate Day & National Dark Chocolate Day – Double the fun!
- February 2: National Carrot Cake Day – Someone out there loves this day. We’re sure of it.
- February 4: National Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day, National Chocolate Fondue Day & World Nutella Day – Plenty of room for all these days in one.
- February 6: National Frozen Yogurt Day – Piled with candy, right?
- February 28: National Chocolate Souffle Day – A cake made of chocolate, filled with more chocolate? Yup.
- May 6: International No Diet Day – The unofficial sweets-themed holiday, if you ask us.
- May 11: National Eat What You Want Day – Again? If you insist…
- May 13: National Apple Pie Day – The apples make it a little healthy, right?
- May 15: National Chocolate Chip Day – No sweeter words were ever spoken.
- May 19: National Devil’s Food Cake Day – Some treats are as sweet as sin.
- May 31: National Macaroon Day – Coconut, anyone?
- June 7: National Donut Day & National Chocolate Ice Cream Day – Save your Cherry Garcia for another time.
- June 26: National Chocolate Pudding Day –The nostalgia!
- July 7: National Strawberry Sundae Day – A very specific, and very sweet, holiday.
- July 9: National Sugar Cookie Day – With sprinkles, we hope.
- July 12: National Eat Your Jello Day – Fine, we will!
- June 16: National Fudge Day – How could anyone resist?
- July 21: National Ice Cream Day & National Junk Food Day – Sweet and salty!
- July 25: National Hot Fudge Sundae Day & National Coffee Milkshake Day – Hope you have some ice cream left over.
- July 28: National Milk Chocolate Day – Chocolate everything, please.
- July 30: National Cheesecake Day – A cool dessert for a hot summer day.
- August 2: National Ice Cream Sandwich Day – Don’t let it melt!
- August 4: National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day – Can’t forget the classics.
- August 23: National Sponge Cake Day – Sure, why not?
- August 25: National Banana Split Day – Another one for the ice cream fans.
- September 22: National Ice Cream Cone Day – Soft serve, anyone?
- September 24: National Cherries Jubilee Day – Ever heard of this simple, sweet dessert?
- October 3: National Cinnamon Roll Day – Yes, you can have sweets for breakfast.
- October 14: National Dessert Day – This means dessert for every meal, right?
- October 18: National Cupcake Day – Yes, please!
- October 23: National Boston Cream Pie Day – Save room for seconds.
- October 27: National Chocolate Day – Because you can’t have enough chocolate days.
- November 10: National Vanilla Cupcake Day – Believe it or not, vanilla does have its fans.
- November 11: National Sundae Day – In case you missed the other Sundae Days.
- November 26: National Cake Day – Who knew?
- November 29: National Lemon Cream Pie Day – Sweet and sour.
- December 4: National Cookie Day – On this day, we are all the Cookie Monster.
- December 8: National Brownie Day – There it is!
- December 15: National Cupcake Day – Because you can never have enough cupcakes.
- December 16: National Chocolate Covered Anything Day – Anything???
- December 22: National Cookie Exchange Day – Sharing is caring!
Every Day is Candy Day
At Candy Club, every day is a day to celebrate all things sweet. That’s doubly true with a Candy Club subscription, which sends gourmet candies straight to your door every month. Check out all our sweet options today!